Monday, May 15, 2017

Southern Charm, Southern Gossip






Here's what's common in the South ~ grandma's rocking chair on the
porch, sweet tea, slow cooked ribs, green beans with bacon and onion,
and gossip!


Even if you are from a big, sophisticated city up North, you will soon
find yourself caught up in the colorful local tales.  In my small city, everyone
seems to know everyone else going back for generations.  This is not the 
kind of gossip that is limited to the older generation.  Twenty somethings
know who is who, and what happened to whom, and so on.  It's a tradition
that is cherished and nurtured from one generation to the next.  No one is
immune and men gossip too.



Of course it does help that there seems to be a large pool of very 
colorful, larger than life type characters.  How do they evolve I wonder?
Is it the hot sun and the steamy nights that breeds fascinating
characteristics in a person?  Does the relentless heat slow everyone
down so much that people pay much closer attention to what one
is doing, and with whom?  


While I find it all quite fascinating, I am very careful not to be too active
a participant.   I'm currently just sitting back and enjoying the drama.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley






3 comments:

  1. Time definitely changes things. Some of the older traditions, would enjoy having around again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My southern family definitely has its share of characters. I think it makes us interesting. :)
    xo
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, You know what they say here in the South, we don't hide crazy we parade it on the front porch and give it a cocktail. I love living/hailing from the south. By the way I have the same chair cushions. Great minds think alike I guess...haha !!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...