Friday, June 3, 2016

Revisiting the Beach Cottage Idea




Tomorrow we are going to look at a little cottage just down the lane
from Aransas Bay.  No, not this one.  This is a cottage we rented for a
weekend last year.  It's a different little cottage that needs a lot of
work.  I have not been inside yet, and have only seen a few photos,
but my head is full of ideas.

source

I want something small and sweet.  A little cottage full of bright and
happy colors filled with thrift store finds that are painted and given a
new life.

source

The kind of place where one leaves the briefcase back at home.
Where flip flops are required.  No make-up, just sunscreen.
Naps in the hammock are mandatory.

source

A place where memories are made.

source

Of course, knowing me, you will know that I will just have to
include some vintage elements.

source

And fun elements too.


source

We will see what happens tomorrow.  If it is meant to be, it
will happen smoothly.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley




10 comments:

  1. Yes, life is not only short, but uncertain. Buy the cottage! '-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your reasoning Sarah! You are invited too!!

      Delete

  2. Oh Susan - go for it. You never know what tomorrow holds. Sounds like a fantastic idea to me. You will, of course, share with your friends, won't you? LOL Or at least, have a girl's weekend.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I will have a girl's weekend!!! What fun we would have :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh Susan- fingers crossed.
    I hope it is everything you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun. Can't wai to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was enjoying this post. And then I saw the end! Love it! I want to live in a beach cottage or on a house boat! Maybe some day! Thanks for sharing this. I always do my mantle in a beach theme for August and my patio/balcony kind of has a Beach vibe. At least I wish it did! Thanks again. I hope you can come over and visit. Maybe you can give me some pointers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooo, I can't wait to see what you found!!! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Close to another dream coming true. No matter the condition of the one y ou are looking at, with your skill it will be perfect. The best to you,husband and Bentley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings to you on your search. That is how I feel about a lake house. If it is meant to be... I'd love to have a cottage to decorate.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...