Monday, May 9, 2016

Home Sweet Home


I have been doing some serious nesting lately.  I've just been letting my
whole house wrap it's walls around me and basking in it's ability to
make me feel safe, secure and cozy.



I love to travel, but when I am at home, I am a serious nester.



I can shut out the whole outside world and listen to the music I love,
 read favorite books and watch old movies.  



I've been going through old recipes.  Bringing back the joy of cooking and
adding some variety to the menu.  Yesterday afternoon I thought about
picking up a rotisserie chicken for dinner, but vetoed that idea because
I am getting sick of it.  Time to get creative in the kitchen again.



When Bentley is not napping, he is my official taste tester.  He is napping
right now as I am typing this.  Monday is always a big nap day for him
after all the excitement of the weekend.  He is so cute.  I just want to kiss
and hug and talk to him all day ~ and I do!



The weather was beautiful last week and now it is gray, super humid and
bugs everywhere.  See those light areas on the ginger?  Those are all
blossoms.  I will get out there and take some closeups tomorrow.  It's
just amazing how many there are!





I have to call the mosquito squad again.  We have lots of mosquitos and
millions of little no-serums and we get eaten alive the minute we step 
outside.  If you keep moving it's not so bad, but if you stand in one spot
for a minute or two you are left with a mass of welts.  I have to spray OFF
all over myself just to water the plants on the porch and terrace.  

We did find a mosquito catcher in the Frontgate catalog, so that will be
ordered.  I read good reviews about it, so I'll give it a try.  Anything to
be able to enjoy the terrace once in a while.  


It's a wonderful spot to be when the mosquitos are gone.


Well, that's all for today.  I have a long to~do list and I better get busy
if I want to get everything done before it's time to start dinner.  

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


18 comments:

  1. I'm with you....there's no place like home and it's just like a big hug, wrapping itself around you just when you need it most. That Bentley is just too adorable, little tiny squish!! I could pick him up and cuddle and kiss him for ages!! Oh wait, then my little pups might get upset....I guess I'll go find them and give them some serious squoozles and squishes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bentley is the same ~ he gets jealous if I give another dog attention. They are such sensitive little ones.

      Delete
  2. And what a lovely, cozy home you have to nest in! Love that chair Bentley is napping in. Wasn't it your Mom's?

    Have a great week.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that chair did belong to Mom and Daddy. I have always loved it and apparently Bentley does too because he has claimed it for his own ;-)

      Delete
  3. Your home is so pretty and cozy, inside and out, no wonder you love to retreat in this oasis! Hope you'll share some recipes you've been trying with us! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will share some recipes with you starting next week. Still going through recipe boxes and cookbooks. I have a bad habit of copying down recipes on pieces of paper and then stashing that recipe in a cookbook and then forgetting where I put it. Oh to be better organized!

      Delete
  4. Dear Susan:
    I talk to myself all day so go ahead and talk to Bentley! My neighbor talks to his dog out in the yard. Let's talk! He is so cute. Your home looks so sweet and friendly! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned to dog talk from my family. My grandparents did it, my Daddy did and my Mom used to pick up our little dog Charlie, turn on some music, and dance around the house with him. He loved it!

      Delete
  5. Your home is so lovely, it's no wonder you want to nest! Love the photo of Bentley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, when I receive your blog, I feel like I have received a letter from a dear friend! Thank you. You (and Bentley and even the hidden husband) are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww ~ that's a really sweet thing to say Martha! Thank you so much ~ you made my day!!

      Delete
  7. Susan, I am with you...I love to travel but home is my warm and cozy spot! Bentley is too cute
    enjoying his nap time! Share your recipes! Blessings, Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the purse with the beaded handles!! Where did you find it? And that baby in the chair looks cozy all cuddled up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan, I love your post so much. I'm like Martha Franks, I feel like I'm reading a letter from a friend whom I've know for so long. I subscribe to quite a few blogs but I look for yours first thing. Love your home and of course Bentley. I have a Lhasa named Buffy and she is the most lovable litte doggie and the best companion so I relate to you and Bentley. Thanks for sharing your life with us. Bless you. I have to post as anonymous as the choices given aren't any that I subscribe to. But my name is Carol Smith from NC and formally of Katy Texas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Home Sweet Home. Surround yourself in all things that make you feel safe and add a cutie pie dog, who needs anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful back patio. so inviting. Hoping the bugs leave soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Try a couple of citronella plants

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...