Friday, February 19, 2016

Paperwhites and Remembering Harper Lee


This post was meant to be a cheerful happy Friday good wishes
type of post.  I am however, saddened by the passing of 
Harper Lee.  She gave us the forever memorable and
timeless story To Kill a Mockingbird.

Harper was once quoted as saying ...

All I want to be is the Jane Austen of South Alabama.

She certainly accomplished her goal and left us with
a beautiful and classic tale that will live in the hearts
of all of us and also for generations to come.

Rest in peace dear Harper.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I know I heard this today and it saddened me too. I just loved 'To Kill A Mockingbird'. Did you read 'Go Set A Watchman'? I read it but it just didn't get to me like TKAM did. I had heard that Jim's little friend was fashioned after Truman Capote. She seemed like a happy little lady.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Harper Lee, thank you for remebering her... RIP!
    Have a lovely end of your week,
    fondly
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I hadn't heard. May she rest in peace. There won't be another like her.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...