Monday, April 8, 2013

Tweaking Me




STRESS!!!

Yes ~ that has been the best way to describe me lately.
Well actually, not just lately, but for quite a while.  Late nights,
too little sleep, on the go from early in the morning grabbing the
wrong things to eat, worrying constantly.  And the result ...

I AM A WRECK!


My solution ...
MAKE SOME CHANGES ASAP!





Instead of grabbing a cookie or a piece of candy I vow to
EAT MORE FRUIT!





Although I am a tea drinker, I vow to drink more
GREEN TEA!
And to ditch the artificial sweeteners too.




WORK OUT MORE OFTEN!
I am pretty good about getting a walk in every day but
my stress level has been so high that it won't hurt me to
work off a bit more by tweaking my workout schedule.


Speaking of walking ~ did you know that ...



So there you have it.  I am forever tweaking inside the cottage and
out in the garden, but now it's time to turn the tweaking on me.
I'll let you know how it's going.  In the meantime I am  happily joining ~



Bentley ~ maybe we should cut down on some of your treaties.
Yesterday the sweet girl at Sonic gave you a treat when we went
through the drive-through.  Then your grandma gave to two treats
at her house.  I'm thinking we just might need to tweak your treats!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley












9 comments:

  1. Very interesting Susan! I just went thru a Diabetic Clinic and learned a lot of these things. Makes you wonder why we don't take better care of ourself. Especially since we are living so much longer.

    Bentley doesn't agree!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stats about walking are really interesting and makes me happy that I walk :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you know how to deal with the stress. Hope it helps you get through this rough time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stress is SUCH a killer of so many things. Sometimes I don't know how to make my MIND do those things I KNOW are most healthy and best for me.
    the worry....the anxiety, takes over
    constant need to sit, breath...and re-evaluate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your stress lessens soon. It is awful to feel stressed all the time. I have had period in my life when I have felt that way, too- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a post I needed to see! I've been having so much stress and I know I need to eat much better! So I'm going to heed your advice and eat more fruit, exercise more and drink plenty of water!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stress is insidious. It creeps up on us and all of a sudden we notice how bad we feel - not thinking about all the warning signs in the weeks past. Good luck with the 'tweaking' and thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stress is a terrible thing. If you are having trouble sleeping, start drinking "tart cherry" juice before you go to bed. It is a powerful sleep aid as well as antioxidant. I get it at Trader Joe's. Sleeping like a baby now and I have tons of stress. Hope you start to feel better, Susan.
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such great information! We all have stress and need a certain amount to help us deal with problems that arise....but most of the time, we have TOO much! Walking and a healthy diet helps me sleep better. A quiet relaxing home helps, too! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...