Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy October Days



The first few weeks of autumn always brings back memories of school and
old friends.  A couple of weeks ago I connected with an old friend.  We 
were so close as young teenage girls.  We laughed and shared our dreams.



I moved away, and met new friends, but I never met anyone who
ever quite took the place of the dear friend from my early teenage years.

My friend always stayed in the suburbs of Chicago, but I was filled
with wanderlust and set my sights on seeing the world.  Through the wonder of
the internet my old dear friend and I are reunited once again.  We have lots 
of catching up to do and lots of old happy memories to share.




These are truly happy October days for me.

I am joining Cielo this morning for


Bentley ~ someday soon I'll take you to Chicago and we can 
visit my friend Chris and I can show you where I grew up.

Hugs,
Susan and Bently

12 comments:

  1. Hello Susan, Found my way here through The Painted Garden...what a lovely post, wonderful story. Enjoy fall

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like a friend you have known forever. You just go right back. I am friends with a girl I have known from my neighborhood since we were 3 and now we are in our 40s. She is like a sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan

    How wonderful that you were able to cathc-up. nothing better than chatting with someone who knows you.

    Love the fall photos!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Fall vignette Susan. Your photos are gorgeous! It is amazing how the internet has changed our lives. How wonderful that you were able to reconnect with your old friend. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fall photos. How lovely to reconnect with a dear friend. Chicago is definitely a lovely place to visit. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking a lot about how the internet has connected me with old friends ... I really enjoyed reading your story and seeing all the wonderful fall inspired photographs! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it wonderful to connect with good old friends! I'm so thankful for the easy communications that we are able to enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan,
    So happy for you to connect with an old friend. Hopefully, you will be able to get together with her soon.
    Love and hugs,
    Me
    Woof, Bentley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely story! It is always wonderful to reconnect with old friends. I have through FB.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what a great feeling that is as it happened to me. What a wonderful thing to hear. It is happening more and more through Facebook etc. I am so happy for you. Enjoy every moment.
    I love your photo's. Your little cottage is getting more Fallish by the moment. Isn't it a great time of year?
    Hugs,
    Mona
    Say hello to Bentley for us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you never forget your first true friend, even though you lose touch for one reason or another. Sometimes it's little incidents in your day to day life that remind you of them. They do for me anyway,and it's nice to have those lovely memories. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that nook.... it looks wonderful! And I'll be showing it on our next Show Off Your Cottage Monday review... love it!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...