Monday, August 29, 2011

Feeling Blue


Do you ever have one of those days when you are just feeling blue?
I am feeling that way today.



My refrigerator died on Saturday.
I'll miss it.  My beautiful stainless refrigerator with it's clean lines 
and bottom freezer.  It was an anniversary gift from my parents.

The compressor died and so did the fan and the ice maker.
C'est dommage!




After work on Saturday I went to pick out a new one.
This time it will be a side by side with a water and ice dispenser in the door.
She's a beauty in stainless too.  She's all lit up inside with LED lights.
David is very excited about the water and ice dispenser in the door.

One would think I would be happy, but I'm really sad.
I know ~ it's silly of me, but I just can't help it.

Daddy bought me that fridge and he's gone now.  I hate to think of our anniversary
gift going to the dump.  Oh well, things change and I'll just have to accept it.





I still can't help feeling a little bit blue though.

I'm going to stop by and visit Sally.  She's out of the hospital, back home,
doing her physical therapy and getting better day by day.
Now that's something to feel happy about!

Please visit Sally

Bentley ~ your Mom is a sentimental fool sometimes.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

17 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your fridge Susan, the new one sounds nice though-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dishes!Enjoy your new fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Susan, I know how special that refrigerator was to you, and I'm sorry to hear your bad news. However, count the positives. A water and ice dispenser will lift your spirits.

    I love your blues--that is, the dishes and linens!

    Happy Blue Monday, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your fridge! But you've sure set up a pretty vignette for us to enjoy!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the Fridge, but your blue table setting is beautiful. Hope you like the new Fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you for being a bit blue...your fridge had sentimental value. But I'm sure you will love the new one, it sounds like mine. Cheer up! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the best tablescapes. Best wishes with your new refrigerator! Have fun organizing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have too many days, that I have a hard time going. It is not because I am blue, no getup and go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan you are sweet to miss your old refrigerator because of who gave it to you. How many years did you have it? Hey, your new one sounds sort of spiffy with LED lights inside!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your frig, love the post though..Happy Blue Monday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry about the refrigerator. It's funny how we can become attached to things. I remember when I broke a lamp that was my mom's and cried.
    I love your blues especially the bowl with the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I get it - I'd be thinking of my dad and the fridge to. But just think - brand new, shiny with all the bells and whistles....you're going to love the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty blue patterns. Sorry about your fridge. Funny how we get attached to things. I have never had a "new" refrigerator in 34 years of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely blues!

    Late visiting for BM, here's my Blue post. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bentley, I hope you are giving Susan lots of kisses today! She needs them!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...